I do recall hearing about no local synching, then others said thats not right, so I didn't taje any further notice.
I will certainly have a read
From: bj <bjones44@verizon.net>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 14 February 2014 4:28 PM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Finally made the move to OSX!
I will certainly have a read
From: bj <bjones44@verizon.net>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 14 February 2014 4:28 PM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Finally made the move to OSX!
If you hook up your device(s) to iTunes/Windows, check the "info" tab and
you will see where/if the items are being synced.
The thread I referred to is at
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5460803?start=210&tstart=0
Long and heated discussion.
Very long.. Somewhat repetitive.
Not everyone wants to sync to a cloud (any cloud).
Some don't even have constant internet access to be able to, but they had
been able (pre-Maverick) to do so locally.
Others may have legal concerns about syncing to a cloud located in another
country, or even to *any* cloud.
And quite a few are extremely annoyed at the removal of the local-sync
*option* -- especially as it was done rather....quietly; if you didn't
examine all the ins & outs of an OSX upgrade, you got quite a surprise.
You might want to start with a much shorter (1 page) thread as an
introduction to the whole issue.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5501931
For basics of iCloud, see http://help.apple.com/icloud/
I'm not using iCloud for any syncing.
bj
-----Original Message-----
From: Tony
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:53 PM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [iPad] Finally made the move to OSX!
Hmm.
I dont prorbably sync Notes in Windows. I have Notes on ipad and ipahien,
they must sync via iTunes, as to sync in iCloud I have to set up a .ne.com
email address which I haven't
Contacts, I dont use aan email client, I use the Yahoo mail app, the
contacts must sync vis iOS device to Yahoo, if that makes sense
I will Google Mavericks syncing.to read all about it, and thanks for the
heads up.
From: bj <bjones44@verizon.net>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 14 February 2014 2:43 PM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Finally made the move to OSX!
Maverick iTunes does not have the info-tab, you will need to use a cloud.
There's a huge thread on the subject in one of the Apple forums.
Not sure about Safari Bookmarks.
What have you been syncing Notes & Contacts to under Windows?
bj
-----Original Message-----
From: Tony
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:32 PM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [iPad] Finally made the move to OSX!
My Notes are the iOS app, I dont really use Calendar, and my email is Yahoo,
via the iOS app or webmail, so I will use webmail in Safari, so no issues
there
Contacts will sync I assume via iTunes?
From: bj <bjones44@verizon.net>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 14 February 2014 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Finally made the move to OSX!
Are you already using a cloud (i- or other) to sync your "info" items
(notes, calendar, contacts)?
You can still do local sync of these to Outlook in Windows/iTunes but not in
Maverick.
bj
-----Original Message-----
From: Tony
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 5:51 PM
To: iPad@yahoogroups...com
Subject: Re: [iPad] Finally made the move to OSX!
October 2013 model, rMBP, 15", 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Iris Pro Graphics
It will be a Windows to OSX learning curve, buit looking forward to that, I
will update!
you will see where/if the items are being synced.
The thread I referred to is at
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5460803?start=210&tstart=0
Long and heated discussion.
Very long.. Somewhat repetitive.
Not everyone wants to sync to a cloud (any cloud).
Some don't even have constant internet access to be able to, but they had
been able (pre-Maverick) to do so locally.
Others may have legal concerns about syncing to a cloud located in another
country, or even to *any* cloud.
And quite a few are extremely annoyed at the removal of the local-sync
*option* -- especially as it was done rather....quietly; if you didn't
examine all the ins & outs of an OSX upgrade, you got quite a surprise.
You might want to start with a much shorter (1 page) thread as an
introduction to the whole issue.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5501931
For basics of iCloud, see http://help.apple.com/icloud/
I'm not using iCloud for any syncing.
bj
-----Original Message-----
From: Tony
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:53 PM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [iPad] Finally made the move to OSX!
Hmm.
I dont prorbably sync Notes in Windows. I have Notes on ipad and ipahien,
they must sync via iTunes, as to sync in iCloud I have to set up a .ne.com
email address which I haven't
Contacts, I dont use aan email client, I use the Yahoo mail app, the
contacts must sync vis iOS device to Yahoo, if that makes sense
I will Google Mavericks syncing.to read all about it, and thanks for the
heads up.
From: bj <bjones44@verizon.net>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 14 February 2014 2:43 PM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Finally made the move to OSX!
Maverick iTunes does not have the info-tab, you will need to use a cloud.
There's a huge thread on the subject in one of the Apple forums.
Not sure about Safari Bookmarks.
What have you been syncing Notes & Contacts to under Windows?
bj
-----Original Message-----
From: Tony
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:32 PM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [iPad] Finally made the move to OSX!
My Notes are the iOS app, I dont really use Calendar, and my email is Yahoo,
via the iOS app or webmail, so I will use webmail in Safari, so no issues
there
Contacts will sync I assume via iTunes?
From: bj <bjones44@verizon.net>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 14 February 2014 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Finally made the move to OSX!
Are you already using a cloud (i- or other) to sync your "info" items
(notes, calendar, contacts)?
You can still do local sync of these to Outlook in Windows/iTunes but not in
Maverick.
bj
-----Original Message-----
From: Tony
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 5:51 PM
To: iPad@yahoogroups...com
Subject: Re: [iPad] Finally made the move to OSX!
October 2013 model, rMBP, 15", 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Iris Pro Graphics
It will be a Windows to OSX learning curve, buit looking forward to that, I
will update!
__._,_.___
| Reply via web post | Reply to sender | Reply to group | Start a New Topic | Messages in this topic (12) |
.
__,_._,___