Re: [iPad] Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Power Edition Quadricopter - Apple Store (U.S.)

 

Yes. I have looked at these quite extensively. I am building a new home and I am considering getting a drone to capture (from the air) the progression of the build. I want good quality photos, but this product doesn't do stills that well. Video would be fine if that is all I want. 

I would rather get the DJI Phantom which can be controlled by the iOS device as well, but the costs go through the roof. The standard edition is just slightly higher than the Parrot, but does come with a camera. You can add a GoPro, but now you are at over double the price. They have a Phantom 2 Vision that comes with a built in camera. Lots of options that get over the $1000 mark. 

Yes, the Parrot is a toy-level drone but with some very nice features for a beginner. The Phantoms are hobby grade, but require for cash and experience to not literally fly your money out the window. 

Both have features that will allow the aircraft to hover in a pretty fixed area for me to focus on taking the photo versus flying. 

With cameras, I have held the following belief with my camera phones (over the years): I would rather capture the moment with a bad shot than to lose the shot to bad memory. I have pictures of my children, captured over the years, taken with palm pilots and bad camera phones. Tons of bad pictures I would not be able to go back and look at today had I not captured them then. I have a much smaller collection of real good pictures that were taken with real good cameras.

So with this house, I have to decide am I going to capture all shots from the ground or will I add to them some air shots taken with a bad or good camera? 

Here are the differences, as asked. 

What's in the AR.Drone 2.0 Standard Edition pack

  • 1 AR.Drone 2.0
  • 1 Indoor hull
  • 1 Standard Orange/Blue Outdoor hull
  • 1 Charger
  • 1 Battery 1000 mAh

If you don't want to look like everyone out there in the air, you can get the Elite edition. 

  • What's in the AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition pack:
  • 1 AR.Drone 2.0
  • 1 Indoor hull
  • 1 Outdoor hull: available in three Outdoor hull colors to choose from at purchase: 

    Snow

    Jungle & Sand
  • 1 Charger
  • 1 Battery 1000 mAh

  • STAY IN THE AIR UP TO 3X LONGER with 2 swappable HD batteries. Set of 2 HD batteries let you fly up to 36 minutes without needing to recharge (up to 18 minutes each). CUSTOMIZE YOUR LOOK with 4 sets of colored propellers. Black, Red, Blue and Orange - they're all included! 

    What's in the AR.Drone 2.0 Power Edition:

  • 1 AR.Drone 2.0
  • 1 Indoor hull
  • 1 All black Outdoor hull
  • 1 Charger
  • 2 HD Battery 1500 mAh
  • 3 Sets of colored propellers available colors: BlueOrange, & Red




Carl W. Brooks
@techloyal

On Feb 27, 2014, at 7:07 PM, Jim Saklad <jimdoc@icloud.com> wrote:

Do you know the difference between Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 and Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Power Edition?

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (15)
.

__,_._,___