Re: [iPad] app store

 

Arjun Singhal wrote:
> i am using the first generation iPad 3G 32 GB model.
>
> i primarily use the device to run presentations on keynote, or carry around photos and videos of events, products etc. to show at meetings or conferences. i also use it for email and news, so iOS 5.1.1 serves most of my requirements.
>
> the app store keeps showing me that updates are available for some of the applications, but refuses to download them if the iPad is directly doing so over wi-fi. however, if i connect it to my itunes on OS X Mavericks, the iTunes will attempt to download the latest version of the apps and give me an error message that says the app is not compatible with my version of iOS and hence not installed.
>
> i've turned off automatic updates for the apps but there is a conflict in the versions in my iTunes, since I have a newer iPhone which is running iOS 7 and can have the latest version of the applications.
>
> there are also compatibility issues between iBooks on my Mac and the iPad which is on an older iOS. Is Mavericks an unfinished product that does not address concerns of compatibility with older products? Absurd, it brings to my mind one of Apple's TV Adverts that showed how deprecated hardware does not find place in Microsoft environments with a Windows upgrade. They've emulated that pretty much with Mavericks now.

I find it interesting that you capitalize the first word of a sentence unless it is at the start of a paragraph.

Did you have a question you wanted to ask?

Have you considered moving to an iPad that can run a more current version of iOS than 2 generations ago?

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___