RE: [iPad] Re: TV towers / Jerry

 

Well,  Jerry,  I don't use the external WiFi system I previously  described any more….. but that sounds like an excellent solution for iPad users should it be needed.  I will keep it in mind for the future.

 

Tnx.

 

Ed   in Oregon

 

 

From: iPad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iPad@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of rvingky
Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2013 9:24 AM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [iPad] Re: TV towers / Jerry

 

 

Ed,

 

There is a work around on connection to iPad from your laptop.

You can use a program like "Virtual WIFI Router" or other programs that make your laptop

or PC into a virtual wifi router. That way iPad, Kindle or TV that have apps.

Hope that help a little.

 

Jerry

Sent from my iPad2 

"bis pueri sense"

(Old men are twice children)

 


On Jun 28, 2013, at 8:15 PM, "Ed" <huckleberryed@gmail.com> wrote:

 

 

Pat,   I know your question was directed towards Jerry,  but this is the way we went in past years to extend our WiFi capabilities while parked in RV camping areas.   I purchased a Deliberant  CPE-12  .   This type of equipment is usually listed under  " Customer Premise's Equipment "  (CPE) and is designed for point to point linking in  WiFi systems.   The model I obtained had a high gain flat panel antenna ( 12dB but they go as high as 24dB)  and a built in WiFi access point with WiFi transmitter capable of up to ½ Watt output.   Most WiFi Routers are limited to  1/10th watt.   Hooking this CPE device to my laptop allowed me to greatly extend my WiFi range.   I recall easily connecting to Hotel WiFi systems that were a mile away or more.

 

Deliberant was one reputable company providing these devices but there are a number of others who also manufacture and sell them.  The model that I had is no longer available but a similar replacement seems to be their  APC 2M-14.   Of course  they require an Ethernet port for connection to computer so they will not work with an iPAd.

 

Ed

 

From: iPad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iPad@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of patgravel@aol.com
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2013 3:58 PM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [iPad] Re: TV towers / Jerry

 

 

Hi Jerry,

 

We are also RV'ers and I am wondering what you exterior WiFi antenna you are using to get a better WiFi signal??  Thanks.

 

We just got back from SD, WY, and ND and Sprint has no coverage there - our MiFi was roaming and they only allow a very small amount for roaming off of their network.

 

 

~~Pat Gravel~~
**Minne-snow-ta** - Zone 4a

Flexible people never get bent out of shape!

 

Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:12 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"rvingky" rving_ky

Ed,

I'm also an RV user, what I do are two thing.
One I carry a number of DVD's and make copy of at home and when I visit friends.
The other thing I did was to add PVC pipe that can rise high above the RV on one I have an exterior Wifi antenna that I turn around to pickup a better wifi. I also have TV exterior
antenna that will pickup better that the antenna on the RV.

I may have to put a satellite on the RV, but that life when you BD! LOL

Jerry

Sent from my iPad2 
"bis pueri sense"
(Old men are twice children)


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___