Re: [iPad] Re: Old schooler needs help

 

You can get the same books without the DRM from O'Reilly <http://www.oreilly.com>

Several computer book dealers have "Deal of Day" feeds on RSS or Twitter. Those books are steeply discounted and can be loaded into iBooks. I am away from my iMac, but O'Reilly, APress, Peachpit, InformIT and Microsoft Books all sell "Deal of Day" or "Deal of Week" to watch. The books are 50% off.

-----Original Message-----
>From: nhoward5040 <lists5040@comcast.net>
>Sent: Mar 30, 2011 7:49 PM
>To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [iPad] Re: Old schooler needs help
>
>Google "take control ebooks". They are a whole bunch of books about using various Mac and Mac applications. They are usually only $10 or so; you download them onto your computer or iPad. they have one on the iPad. Once downloaded, it will then be found in iBooks, under pdf's.
>
>--- In iPad@yahoogroups.com, "oldgascar" <referry@...> wrote:
>>
>> Ok, I have burned up the phone lines with apple asking questions and still have trouble with doing certain things with my Ipad.
>>
>> I started in electronics repairing 3 knob hetrodyne Atwater-Kent radios and 1st generation high tech electronics with a mix of tubes and those brand new metal cased nuvistors (just before Ic's) and a long time before, cd's and dvd's).
>> I don't want to keep bothering the good folks of this group, with questions on how to do things that are apparently so obvious to todays 20 somethings.(let's just say I am 50 plus).
>>
>> I would like to know... When I have downloaded a book (free book written in 1898) from google books directly from my Ipad,(not thru I-tunes) should I be able to access this book when not in range of a wi-fi connection? I was under the assumption that once I downloaded it , it was stored in my Ipad and I didn't need the internet to read it.
>>
>> Can someone advise the BEST BOOK for dummies like me for learing how to use the Ipad so I do not need to keep bothering everyone with silly questions.
>> My Ipad is a 1st Gen with wi-fi,with 3g capabilities& 32 G.
>> (I am not subscribed to 3G at this time)
>>
>> Thanks for your time
>>
>
>
>
>
>------------------------------------
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___