Re: [iPad] Old schooler needs help

 

On 3/30/2011 11:31 AM, oldgascar wrote:
> Ok, I have burned up the phone lines with apple asking questions and still have trouble with doing certain things with my Ipad.
>
> I started in electronics repairing 3 knob hetrodyne Atwater-Kent radios and 1st generation high tech electronics with a mix of tubes and those brand new metal cased nuvistors (just before Ic's) and a long time before, cd's and dvd's).
> I don't want to keep bothering the good folks of this group, with questions on how to do things that are apparently so obvious to todays 20 somethings.(let's just say I am 50 plus).
>
> I would like to know... When I have downloaded a book (free book written in 1898) from google books directly from my Ipad,(not thru I-tunes) should I be able to access this book when not in range of a wi-fi connection? I was under the assumption that once I downloaded it , it was stored in my Ipad and I didn't need the internet to read it.
>
> Can someone advise the BEST BOOK for dummies like me for learing how to use the Ipad so I do not need to keep bothering everyone with silly questions.
> My Ipad is a 1st Gen with wi-fi,with 3g capabilities& 32 G.
> (I am not subscribed to 3G at this time)
>

Are you using Safari (the web browser) or are you using the Google Books
App?

If you are using Safari and download the book that way, the question
should pop up on your screen "Save In . . ." with some selections for
possible apps to save the book to. If you don't have a PDF reader
installed, you might not get that question.

If you're using the googlebooks app in your ebook library listing each
book should say "tap to download" and if you tap that it will take a bit
of time but the book will eventually download to your iPad and then you
can read it whenever you wish after that.

But just because you look at it while connected doesn't automatically
mean that the book is downloaded to the iPad.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbailey@davidbaileymusicstudio.com

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___