[iPad] Trouble downloading movies through iTunes

 

So, having had my iPad 2 for almost a week now, I just cannot believe how I wasted so much time NOT having had the first iPad all this time. It's truly amazing... I love love LOVE it! What a fantastic creation!

I'm just learning the ropes now, and wonder what the problem is regarding downloading a movie through iTunes. I'm using the home Wi-Fi (btw, I have the Verizon 64 3G version) and had no problem trying out a couple of free TV shows. (Seriously, how wonderful is that episode with Mr. Rogers and Koko the Gorilla?! :-)

Then I checked out the rental movie offerings, and thought, okay, wow, the perfect first choice of a download for this iPad is "The Social Network" -- however, I've been trying since last night, and no go. I keep getting "Download error. Tap to retry." I then tried to download a different movie, and the same thing. No matter where in the house I go, it ain't happenin'! I am all too happy to rent a movie for $4.99, and Apple should be making a fair amount of money off me now that I own this marvelous piece of magic... BUT... I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, if anything. Why can't I download movies successfully?!

Also, at what point does my card get charged for the movie, anyway? I have supposedly "purchased" the two movie rentals, but I assume not yet charged, since I can't successfully download them yet.

Thanks in advance for any help! :-)

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___