Re: [iPad] "Multitasking" on iPad mini 2

 

As I see it, multitasking should not be confused with having several windows (or apps) open.

I take even my dear old iPad 2 to be multitasking, doing several things at a time (like having me watch a news stream while in the background updating apps, backing up to iCloud and checking my mail. I haven't yet checked if that copy of Evernote also updates my notes in the background.

I also have several apps open concurrently on a Mac, even though I tend to use every app in full screen, except perhaps on my 27" 5k iMac.

I do see what you mean. When trying to match data between apps, I may use split screen. On some large-screen device.

--
Chris,

in hopefully helpful reply to:


On 23 Feb 2017, 11:36 +0100, McAllister 73357.3046@compuserve.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com>, wrote:
 

Since my tablet is an iPad mini 2 and basically doesn't support multitasking, I haven't given that feature much thought.

Nevertheless, the device is supposed to do slide-over.  So I thought I'd give it a go and see how I might be able to use that.

Well, once I have it enabled in Settings and swipe from the right, I do, indeed, get a split screen with another app on the right.  However, the only app I've ever seen there is the Calendar.  And I don't seem to be able to change that to anything else.

Is there a way?

Thanks

Stratton

__._,_.___

Posted by: Chris Laarman <chrislaarman@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___