[iPad] Disappearing iOS Mail Follow-up

 

I asked a few weeks ago about brand new mail that would appear in my iPad and iPhone Inbox for literally seconds or less, long enough to see it was there and possibly the title. Then it would disappear suddenly, not to be found anywhere else on my two iDevices. I think I accidentally may have discovered the reason now. I had a fleeting memory of a couple of the titles of these sorts of iPad emails when I went to work on my iMac (21.5", 2013, OS X 10.10.5) recently. I discovered one or two of the missing iPad mails showed up on the iMac in alternate folders I had created to route large volumes of potential spam to manageable folders on the iMac. One was in "Junk," and the other was in "Ads." They were stable there and I could read them as needed even if I chose to Move them to a different folder.
My guess is that on the iPad and iPhone, if there are no matching or equivalent folders ("Junk, Ads, College", etc.) , iOS Mail has no effective command to deal with them, and instead of even putting them in Trash, it simply deletes them immediately. If so, this seems like a pretty glaring error if the Apple software engineers knew they were linking the iMac Mailbox sorting commands to the iDevices' Mail programs, but it is what it is. Odd but manageable. If you glimpse an email on iPad you really need to read, I guess then you need to go to your Mac and search in Apple Mail there for a keyword of the relevant mail's title.
I believe someone else earlier suggested this same sort of mechanism so credit due to them, but since I just discovered it, I thought I'd post my 2¢ worth. Alternate theories or debunking welcome.
Dick
-----------------------
Richard E. Johnson, MD
recmsoj1@icloud.com

Sent from my iPad 4
iOS 10.2.1
iPhone 6s
iOS 10.2.1
iMac 2013 (21.5")
10.10.5

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Richard Johnson, MD" <recmsoj1@icloud.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___