Re: [iPad] OT - looking for Kindle suggestions

 

> I like to sit in the sun and read. I have great difficulty with my iOS devices. My understanding is that the Kindle Paperwhite, and two more expensive models work well in bright light.
>
> My requirements are simple:
>
> Good screen resolution. The readers that I have seen in person at Staples and Best Buy do not have good screen resolution. Hence, I did not buy. I am happy with the screen resolution of my iPad mini 2 and my iPhone 6+.
>
> I am not overly concerned with having the longest battery life as I can charge it every day.
>
> The paperwhite is $120; the Voyage is $200 and the Oasis is $290. I am willing to spend the money for the Oasis if it is really that much better. It has the same resolution as the Voyage. I have not had any of these in my hand so it will be a blind buy other than what I learn here.

I am happy with my Paperwhite, and saw no reason to spend any more for a fancier model.

I read mostly at night; with the backlight turned off, and not going online regularly for anything, your battery should last months.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@icloud.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: Jim Saklad <jimdoc@icloud.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___