Re: [iPad] gmail

 



On 2017-05-31 12:09 PM, Jerry Elkins jreusa@gmail.com [iPad] wrote:
> David I have been using gmail since it became available. It's very
> reliable. Has never been down where I live. FREE. There are many
> others to choose from. Providers come as go, but gmail has always
> worked. I used AT&T for a short time. But since I got Gmail and
> everyone knows my address. Why change?

Because it's been flaky lately, Jerry. At first, I thought it was Apple
mail, but looking a little deeper, the signs pointed to gmail. Stuff's
simply gone missing. File it, and, now and then, it disappears.
Looking on the server, it's still gone. The culprit's not Apple. That
should *never* happen. It appears similar stuff's happened to other
folk. It looks as though google is hiding behind the fact that it's
free to get careless. That's bad.

If you depend on email, you can't trust it to a company that doesn't
care about getting it right 99.999% of the time. I'm retired, so email
reliability isn't critical, but, still, I don't want to have to start
spending time taking backup measures just in case my mail provider's
likely to lose stuff now and then.

--

__._,_.___

Posted by: David Smith <david.smith.14916@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___