Re: [iPad] Ebook question -- Calibre library to GoodReader or Stanza

 

I don't know about Calibre & streaming, but I do know that sometimes you
want to take something *with* you, not have to be tethered (even wirelessly)
to the home-server. :-)

You can drag/drop multiple files at once into GoodReader; I don't know if
there's a limit, though. And to put them in folders w/in GR you have to do
it from w/in GR, they don't copy over into subfolders (at least not as far
as I know with the version I have). Other reader apps probably have
something similar.
bj

-----Original Message-----
From: Just Murray
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 11:21 AM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [iPad] Ebook question -- Calibre library to GoodReader or
Stanza

Select all and choose convert in calibre. Why move them from calibre? Use it
as a content server to stream all your hook instead. To stanza.

~KM
--
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

(^= I rocked this email on my iPad2 =^)
---

On Jun 29, 2011, at 7:42 PM, "AnneL" <shadow484@comcast.net> wrote:

I could seriously use some help. I've got over 300 books in .mobi format in
my Calibre library. I want them on my iPad, preferably in GoodReader but
I'd settle for Stanza. Complication 1: The files are in .mobi format,
which GoodReader doesn't read, but Stanza does. Complication 2: Within my
Calibre library, the books are in folders by author, rather than all in one
single folder. That was Calibre's idea, not mine!

I'd like to do one of the following, in order of preference:

1. Convert ALL the books en masse to PDF format and copy, again en masse,
to GoodReader. I don't want to have to convert, drag and drop all these
hundreds of files one at a time!!!

Or, in the alternative:

2. Move the mobi files, again en masse, to Stanza.

Does anybody know any possible way to do either? Pretty please?

Thanks,
Anne

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___