Re: [iPad] FaceTime problem

 

I found this suggestion on an Apple user discussion group:

"We were missing FT calls all the time, but I have just discovered the solution on our iPads 3 and Pro.  In Settings/Notifications/Facetime make sure Allow Notifications is checked.  I also turned the 'Show in notification center', 'Badge app icon' and 'Show on Lock Screen' switches to green.  Hope this helps everyone!"

There are a number of sites on this page from Google and I would read several of them for fixes to try:


Pat





On Dec 15, 2017, at 7:44 AM, GLEN--JAN CRANDALL glenjan52@msn.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


Good morning.  I have a dilemma I have been trying to solve for several months.  I had an iPad Pro 9.7 that was over a year old and FaceTime worked on it for a long time.  Suddenly, it quit ringing when someone called and didn't tell me I'd missed a call..  I chatted with Apple and they told me to go to a Genius Bar (I'm 84 and know more than they do), and they told me to call Apple.  I decided there must be something wrong with my iPad so I bought a new iPad Pro 10..5 and it doesn't work on there either.  I can call out and receive calls if I know they are going to call, but it just will not ring on a consistent basis.  It does not tell me if I missed a call(s).  I have rebooted, I reset network settings, reset all settings, I wiped the 9.7 and restored it, and bought a new iPad.  Also had my ISP come and install a new modem.

Can anyone think of anything else to try before I spend all day on the phone with Apple?  I have hearing deficiency and wear aids, and sometimes have trouble understanding on the phone and it is an unpleasant experience.  I thought I'd pick the brains on here before calling Apple.

Thanks in advance ............. Jan

Virus-free. www.avast.com


__._,_.___

Posted by: Pat Taylor <pat412@mac.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___