Re: [iPad] Why is email so slow to download

 

I was on Yahoo since 07 till a few months ago, I can't recall issues like that. Plus, being in NZ, Yahoo servers were based in Sydney from memory. I'd point that to the ISP, or more likely, your extender. Extenders are great if you don't have another option. But, they are half duplex. Send OR receive, where a non extended wifi is send AND receive simultaneously. Your extended wifi could still be completing a previous task, or some other task iOS is finishing off.

Next time you get that, can you move closer to your access point and ensure you are accessing that and not the extender, and try again? I'd suggest having an ethernet cable run to the extender, change the extender to access point mode, then you will get close to your fibre speed there, which allows whatever speed the extender, now AP can manage. 

On 22 June 2017 at 04:34 "Carol Corley floridabouvs@gmail.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I have an iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Air 2. At certain times of the day, it takes forever to download a simple email, especially a news item like WP. First I thought it was just the iPad, but I just did a test and clicked on the same email simultaneously on both devices, and I gave up before it downloaded to either.
My email server is Yahoo, and I have Frontier FIOS wifi 100gb.
I am sitting far from the wifi, but I have an extender.
This doesn't occur all the time but often enough to be annoying -- 2-3x a day.
Is there anything I can do?
Thanks.
Carol

Sent from my iPad


 

__._,_.___

Posted by: Tony <tdale@xtra.co.nz>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___