Re: [iPad] New battery or new iPad?

 

1)  /My/ iPad Air 2 (with LTE) doesn't yet show its age (and I bought it upon release). At home it isn't used too much (superseded by a 10.5" iPad Pro as my default device at all), but it still shines when used for navigation or otherwise on the road. So I wonder if your battery is the real culprit, and if some factory reset (preceded by back-up and succeeded by restore) would do the trick.

2)  The other month I have had the battery of my iPhone 6 replaced. Here in Amsterdam (NL) by a dedicated workshop, but not something authorized.
That was swiftly done as I watched over the counter, and at a reasonable EUR 50 (including 21% tax).
The outgoing battery had made the screen bubble up. I agreed to omitting any try to get it glued together in a waterproof way, as I considered chances of success low and as that phone had just been degraded to in-house back-up (without a SIM-card), along with its paired Apple Watch 0.
I have noticed that the thing may get rather warm again. I have not tested the life of its new battery.

3)  I had considered myself to "need" a Pencil when I bought the original 12.9" iPad Pro upon release. I also have two third-party pens for iPad. Never used any of them. (I do enjoy Wacom tablets with desktops.)

Bottom line:

4)  I suggest that you try a fectory reset first. If that shouldn't help, consider biting the bullet and upgrading, but postpone the pencil.
Note: if your current iPad is Cellular, check if upgrading would give you better connectivity. The more you use cloud storage (or watch streaming data), the more sense upgrading might make.

--
Chris

reacting to:
On 3 Feb 2019, 15:52 +0100, Devitt devittad@comcast.net [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com>, wrote:

I have an iPad Air2 with a battery starting to show its age — shorter life, occasional sudden drops, etc. It is my primary computer which gets hours of use daily.

This is my second iPad. I have never replaced a battery. I'm looking for opinions whether it makes sense to replace the battery or bite the bullet and upgrade. I'm intrigued by the newest with the pencil. But do I need it or merely want it?

While I understand no one can make the decision for me, I'd appreciate any advice and/or experience you'd be willing to share.

Many thanks,

CD

Sent from my iPad 

__._,_.___

Posted by: chrislaarman@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___