Re: [iPad] About to take the plunge

 

I've set up my last few new iOS devices from iCloud backup with no losses.  I REALLY like the new Apple Pencil and use it often for a variety of things on the 11" Pro.  If you type a lot, the keyboard is nice without adding too much bulk.  It fold back like a regular folio case when not in use and does not interfere at all.  If you don't like the accessories, you can return them within two weeks for a full refund.  I've never used my devices at high altitudes so I can't speak to that.


Pat

On Feb 15, 2019, at 8:06 AM, Devitt devittad@comcast.net [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I'm about to upgrade from my very-well-used iPad Air 2 to the 11" Pro. I admit to being lax backing up the Air 2. In fact, I don't know if it is even possible to back it up to iTunes on our iMac. (Look of shame on my face.). Since I don't store sensitive data on it, I've relied entirely on iCloud for backup.

Can I restore from the iCloud backup? What will I lose? I'd appreciate any suggestions you can give on the most painless method of making the switch.

I'd also appreciate any tips on what accessories work and which to avoid. I know I want the pencil, but am undecided on a cover. The Apple keyboard cover looks interesting, but pricey. I know the keyboard doesn't work at high altitudes in planes (perhaps a Bluetooth limitation) but that's not a big deal for me. Since I'd use it only occasionally, won't the keyboard get in the way when it is folded back for regular use? Does it add much bulk?

How about the new folio cover? I like the one-sided one for the Air 2. Is the new folio comparable, only with an additional back?

I've read reviews, etc. But nothing beats personal experience. And you folks have that in spades. If you have the time, please share.

Many thanks,

Cathy

Sent from my iPad 


__._,_.___

Posted by: Pat Taylor <pat412@mac.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___