Re: [iPad] New battery or new iPad?

 


Good luck replacing the battery.  When I took my Air to the store a year ago to get a new battery, two salesmen told me that the battery had not deteriorated "enough" to trigger the $100 replacement that they were advertising.  Apparently your battery has to pass a test.  If it's not bad enough, they won't do it.  Your only option is to cough up $300+ for a reconditioned iPad.  They said, by the way, that they do not replace the battery - they just sell you another machine for $100.  If you "qualify". My battery life was down to about five hours.  Not bad enough.  Since then, I've just been plugging in a backup battery when the ten-minute low-battery warning pops up.

That experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth about Apple.


On Feb 3, 2019, at 9:51 AM, Devitt devittad@comcast.net [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I have an iPad Air2 with a battery starting to show its age — shorter life, occasional sudden drops, etc. It is my primary computer which gets hours of use daily.

This is my second iPad. I have never replaced a battery. I'm looking for opinions whether it makes sense to replace the battery or bite the bullet and upgrade. I'm intrigued by the newest with the pencil. But do I need it or merely want it?

While I understand no one can make the decision for me, I'd appreciate any advice and/or experience you'd be willing to share.

Many thanks,

CD

Sent from my iPad 

__._,_.___

Posted by: David Smith <david.smith.14916@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___