Re: [iPad] iOS App becoming a "brick"

 

Yes. That is the first thing I did.
After force quitting the iBooks, when I open the iBooks, it is still on that page.

Only after that did I reboot twice but still that problem.

Earlier I had this problem with an app called Documents. They had upgraded the app and it stopped working on iOS 9 ( yes, I am still on iOS 9 since my iPad 2 does not upgrade beyond that). While developing the revised version, the software company forgot that there could be persons using that app with iOS 9 and hence the app became unusable. I contacted the company and all they could do was to apologise. That must be the only app in entire AppStore which got zero rating since by deleting the app, I lost all associated data.

In case of iBooks, deleting does not appear as an option.

With best wishes,
Pabitra


On 01 Sep 2017, at 06:13, Pat Taylor pat412@mac.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Have you tried force quitting the iBooks app?  Here's some info:



Pat

On Aug 31, 2017, at 6:08 PM, Pabitra Saha pksaha000@yahoo.co.uk [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

On my iPad, iBooks has become a brick. It is now open on the cover of one of the books and I can neither open that book nor close it to open another book.

Had it been some other app, I could have deleted the app and reloaded it. iBooks can not be deleted.

I have rebooted my iPad more than two times but no success.

What are the other options?

With best wishes,
Pabitra




__._,_.___

Posted by: Pabitra Saha <pksaha000@yahoo.co.uk>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___