Re: [iPad] a little cold water

 

Gee, I can't live without my floppy drive. Sound familiar? People got over it.  People will get over having to carry dongles.... Or the will figure out a way to live without whatever it is they need a dongle for.  

All the complaints make me think about what would today's people do without computers and cellphones like I did growing up and into my mid-20's. I believe they're get along just as everyone will work the new Macs. 

  \
    \  /\ 
    (   )            Alice
 .(      ).  lwr32@mac.com

On Oct 29, 2016, at 5:19 PM, gerrysair@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I find this an interesting thread.


To be fair to both sides, the new MacBook Pro has a lot of really nice features, including the screen which is of course necessary.

But I do think the writer has a point.  Apple used to be the kings of innovation - not weird and poorly manufactured innovation, but rather things that worked in different and better ways and that also looked sexy and just plain worked better than the PC / Motorola / Android worlds.

I actually have wanted to buy an Apple Watch and update my MacBook Pro.  I even have the money to do it (luckily enough).  But I don't understand why on earth they would forgo things like the magsafe cord and not have at least one USB 3 port.  The new MacBook has four ports.  No one wants a dongle.  Why make them carry them around with you?

There are a number of third party dongles that insert into the USB-C ports and remain and then the charging cable clicks in magnetically.  So if you pull on it, it comes loose.

And I also agree with the writer that that Apple battery case is expensive and as someone once said "fugly".

I live in a world of my iPad, iPhone and Mac.  I have been really underwhelmed by the lack of innovation from the hardware perspective.  Their software ecosystem is great (though the new version of iOS is buggy - my iPad bricked the other day after upgrading).  But still, why make people buy dongles?  My not have iPhone screens like some of the android counterparts that are just plain better.

Just my thoughts.  Maybe it is time to sell my Apple stock (yet still keep my devices).

Gerry

__._,_.___

Posted by: Alice Saunders <lwr32@mac.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (21)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___