Re: [iPad] apple TV mirroring problem

 

Yes, I assumed it was storage, like for apps. I am looking at the refurbished. 
j

On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 8:22 AM, Pat Taylor pat412@mac.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

That is my understanding, too.  I see no difference in speed comparing my 64GB model with my daughter's 32GB.


Pat

On Jul 30, 2016, at 2:46 AM, David Smith david.smith.14916@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


As I recall, the 32/64 refers to onboard storage, not to memory used in processing.  Good for storing stuff, but no help in making programs run faster.


On Jul 29, 2016, at 10:23 PM, Julia Mavity-Hudson julie.mavity@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

OK, OP here. 
The weird thing is that Acorn is playing fine on the iPad, looking perfectly normal at the same time it is freezing and stuttering on the TV (through the appletv). It's something about going from the iPad to the TV. I have tried turning off all other wifi devices and that has not helped. Rebooting the apple tv has improved it sometimes. Rebooting the ipad has not.
I poked around and I have a 3rd generation appletv so no joy on the app. I may have to break down and buy a 4th generation. Anybody tried getting the 32gb one rather than the 64? I wonder if it would be enough. We pretty much only do netflix and AcornTV.
j

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 9:02 PM, Julia Mavity-Hudson <julie.mavity@gmail.com> wrote:
I am not sure my generation of AppleTV can run the Acorn app. It is not already on it ( andI don't even remember what generation I have).  I will have to do some exploring as I have never even tried to put an app on it and don't have a clue how to do it, but hopefully can figure it out. 
j

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 5:13 PM, Kris Murray krismurray@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Great solution. 

~KLM
\\ "The one who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone, is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been." ~ Albert Einstein //

On Jul 29, 2016, at 1:11 PM, Carol floridabouvs@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Hi Julie:
Why not watch Acorn directly on your big TV via Apple TV? That's how i do it. There is an app
Occasionally when I have had a problem, I have deleted the app,off Apple TV and redone.oaded, and no more problem.
Before I got the app, I had a problem mirroring Acorn.
Carol

Julie wrote:
I have been watching Acorn TV on my big screen by mirroring to my Apple TV.
While the video continues to play normally on my iPad, the version on the
TV is sometimes very jerky. Tonight it was to the point it was unwatchable.
I rebooted both the Apple TV and the iPad, and turned off wifi on all my
other devices with no improvement. I have UVerse internet from AT&T (only
internet access we can get here due to being way off the road (cable won't
come) and living in the woods (satellite won't work). When I watch NetFlix
using the app on the AppleTV everything is normal.
Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad Air 2





-- 
Julie Mavity-Hudson



-- 
Julie Mavity-Hudson






--
Julie Mavity-Hudson

__._,_.___

Posted by: Julia Mavity-Hudson <julie.mavity@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (17)

Save time and get your email on the go with the Yahoo Mail app
Get the beautifully designed, lighting fast, and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail today. Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___