Re: [iPad] Can't update Skype

 

> I have an iPad running ios 9.3.5. It has Skype 6.x on it and I've read that Skype needs to be at 8.x by 11/15.
>
> So, I went to updates and it wasn't on the list.
>
> Then I went to the App store and it showed that the latest Skype is 8.x. But, instead of saying "Update", the button said "Open". And, yes, it opened my 6.x Skype.
>
> I guess that I could always uninstall/reinstall Skype but I might lose my settings and history.
>
> Any ideas on how to update would be appreciated.
>
> Paul

According to the App Store, the current version of Skype (8.0) requires iOS 10.0 or higher.

Mactracker tells me that the oldest iPad that can run iOS 10 is the "4th Generation iPad", released in October 2012 and discontinued in October 2014.

If yours is an earlier model, you won't be able to upgrade iOS further, and won't be able to run Skype 8.0.

If your iPad is that one or later, you will have to upgrade your version of iOS in order to be able to run the current version of Skype.

Check in Settings –> General –> Software Update to see if your machine can be updated to a more current version of iOS.

The latest non-Pro iPad – 9.7", 32GB of storage, Wifi-only – can be obtained, new, for about $300.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@icloud.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: Jim Saklad <jimdoc@icloud.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___