Re: [iPad] Can't update Skype

 

Hi Paul,
The current version of Skype requires a newer version of your iPad's operating system.  So if it is possible (and depending on which generation iPad you have, it may not be possible), you would need to update your iPad in order to get a newer version of Skype.

Hope that helps!

Linda

On Oct 23, 2018, at 6:58 AM, pbandj@pobox.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I'm an infrequent iPad user, so please be gentle :-)

I have an iPad running ios 9.3.5. It has Skype 6.x on it and I've read that Skype needs to be at 8.x by 11/15.

So, I went to updates and it wasn't on the last.

Then I went to the App store and it showed that the latest Skype is 8.x. But, instead of saying "Update", the button said "Open". And, yes, it opened my 6.x Skype.

I guess that I could always uninstall/reinstall Skype but I might lose my settings and history.

Any ideas on how to update would be appreciated.

TIA,
Paul


__._,_.___

Posted by: Linda McCann <lmcarea51@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___