Re: [iPad] NEW IPad Pro

 

I got the Infinim when it was first released and have enjoyed the performance and reliability very much.  It's still one of my favorites, especially for extended phone conversations. 


Pat

Sent from my iPad Pro

On Oct 20, 2018, at 8:36 PM, Alice Saunders lwr32@mac.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

AirPods look nice but I haven't used any. I bought the LG HBS-910 Tone Infinim Bluetooth Stereo headset for $84. Great for podcasts on the bus to work. 

  \
    \  /\ 
    (   )            Alice
 .(      ).  lwr32@mac.com

On Oct 20, 2018, at 8:36 AM, Patrica Taylor pat412@mac.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I use AirPods and HomePods with my iOS devices and am completely satisfied.  I recently got a Sonos Beam with AirPlay 2 that works well in my setup.


Pat

Sent from my iPad Pro

On Oct 20, 2018, at 9:22 AM, chrislaarman@yahoo.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Terry, how about using your largest iPad with Bluetooth speakers (or Bluetooth wearables)?

I have a Bose Mini II SoundLink (from the Apple Store, I think). Small device, but great sound if you place it strategically. I also have two cheap look-alikes (SilverCrest): even less feelable bass, but a crispness that had me understand certain song lyrics for the first time.
I have these in different rooms, ready for use with the devices I may use there. But they aren't bulky at all...

--
Chris

reacting to:
On 20 Oct 2018, 16:50 +0200, Terry pogue tpogue@comcast.net [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com>, wrote:

Im with you. I only use my desktop iMac for photoshop work, and banking. My largest ipad i use for movies and tv shows. I have two iPads that i use for newspapers, magazines, amazon and mail. My largest ipad has speaker problems. It the first large on they made so its no longer under applecare. Im sure if i take it in they will just replace the motherboard so i think ill just buy the new one when its released. Then ill look for a home for this one with someone who doesn't rely one good sound. Its not horrid and ...well you know, it a good excuse to get the new one.

Terry

All people are created equal. No matter how hard they try, they can never erase those words. That is what America is about.



On Oct 20, 2018, at 3:54 AM, chrislaarman@yahoo.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

My two cents:

Every device has its niche. I have sets of screwdrivers, I have an array of smartphones, tablets and computers. And accessories. Because I have spent the money to buy them, I can pick the device that is most likely to suit my needs. My needs at a given time, not anyone's needs always.

At home, I can often stay on the couch, and do most tasks on a 10.5" iPad Pro with a Smart Keyboard. I haven't touched most of my computers for two years now, merely the notebook with the two obsolete Windows apps that I use.
On the road, I carry an iPad if I think I'll need one. I default to an iPad Air 2, but this summer I tried my 12.9" iPad Pro. It had to do with boating: better viewing navigation charts against battery life under heavy GPS use and screen on.
So yes, now I know that for my uses (and my roles on the ships involved) the 12.9" is not an optimum - but it might well be in other circumstances.
If I do carry a tablet, I tend to use a smaller smartphone. If I don't carry a tablet, I tend to use a larger smartphone. I can choose a bigger or smaller iPhone on my primary number, I can choose Android phones on my secondary number (to which calls are forwarded if not answered on the primary number). I carry my smartphones in belt pouches (Hector sizes 4XL and 5XL, by Krusell), so occasionally bodily factors may decide.

In my opinion, a tablet has two characteristics that may make it preferable to a notebook:
1) the ease of switching orientations (try holding a notebook in portrait mode...),
2) the presence of the very input device that you need (typewriter keyboard, piano keyboard, pinball flippers), but only when you need it. With compromises (like no toch sensitivity), yes.
I don't mention computing power (I do have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet), I don't mention hardware connectivity. There are solutions, should you need them. (Doing presentations could well involve carrying a notebook. But I invested in a wifi module for my projector.)

I may be weird to start giving "my two cents" and then unfold a list of purchases (and hinting at not using them). Well, it's my tuition fee for feeling entitled to say that every device has its niche. :-)

--
Chris

reacting to:
On 20 Oct 2018, 05:48 +0200, David Smith david.smith.14916@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups......com>, wrote:



> On Oct 19, 2018, at 11:38 AM, Jim Saklad jimdoc@icloud.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm waiting for an upgrade on the iPad mini 4. I don't think it'll happen.
>
> I'm doubtful, also, considering the size of the largest iPhones.
>
> > Why people want to carry around big tablets I'll never know.
>
> Because it's a lot easier than carrying around a 3-to-6-pound laptop?
>
> > Alice

Yes, a big tablet is, for me, much handier than a smallish laptop. It's a media-presentation device, a screen without a keyboard, which I seldom if ever need. Tablets can be moved into many different positions, even suspended over a bed for nighttime reading. Try that with a laptop. What I want is the image, not the tools to produce the image. For that, a desktop machine is indispensable. A desktop is a workhorse. And in the rare cases in which a keyboard is necessary on the tablet - say, for doing serious writing - it can be tacked on and quickly removed.

The tablet lives in my house, on a table. If I needed to take a computer to class, I might want a laptop, but maybe not. Laptops are funny hybrids. I've never taken to them.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Patrica Taylor <pat412@mac.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (21)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___