Re: [iPad] iOS 11 Public Beta

 


On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 4:01 AM, Alice Saunders lwr32@mac.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

That's neat. What's your FB page name stop I can read about your iOS 11 experience?

\
  \  /\
  (   )           Alice
.(     ).  lwr32@mac.com

On Jul 7, 2017, at 11:21 PM, Myrddin Wyllt myrddinwyllt1964@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Yes I am.

I write about my experiences on my Facebook account.

I like the look and their are big changes some of which are not polished but amazing.

I have dragged my wife kicking and screaming into the world of running this iOS Beta 11 to great success. I dragged her in because her iPad Air is broken/crippled for common tasks on the shipping OS. Her iPad Air 2 with 256 gigs is basically glacially slow to respond to on-screen keyboard and/or triples up letters and/or refuses to appear on screen when needed or dismiss when needed in any app needing text (Messaging, email, fb comment screens, etc.) We tried power downs, settings resets, entire device resets, many things we googled with no fix in sight she was about to stop using it entirely she was getting so angry trying to do anything with it but play "Ticket to Ride" app which fortunately required no text entry.

I love iOS 11 Beta, and while its cosmetics are crude I see hundreds of big and small improvements in every area I care about on my iPad Pro 12.9" and iPhone 6+. The only big thing I see missing is I would like to see "see passwords as I type" an option on every password dialog. Skype was of course as always a very badly behaved iOS app sadly, as it is in all new releases.

MAJOR WIN FOR wife a keyboard bug that was destroying her iPad experience is now history. iOS 11 the problem almost never happens so far (cross our fingers). The keyboard bug was so bad under iOS 10 (and survived complete resets, and many attempted fixes) she swore more than she does at sewing machine + serger while costuming, and almost quit the iPad for a few weeks. VICTORY FOR iOS 11 Beta!

First minor bug: Cables + Chargers must be Apple or they will refuse to charge with a dialog. Ironically valid licensed cables with correct chips will fail, and official apple cables with perfectly good 10 watt bricks may fail to. For someone without as many cables and bricks as we have it could be a crisis. I have seen that bug in iOS 10, but less frequently and on my phone only not my iPad.


On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 5:38 PM, Alice Saunders lwr32@mac.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Anyone using iOS 11 Public Beta on their iPad? I'm using it in my iPad mini 4.

If you're using it, what do you like and dislike about it?

\
\ /\
( ) Alice
.( ). lwr32@mac.com



__._,_.___

Posted by: Myrddin Wyllt <myrddinwyllt1964@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___