Re: [iPad] Perhaps Bluetooth keyboards don't last forever?

 

1)  Matter of fact:
This behavior reminds me of the Apple keyboard cover of my iPad Pro 10..5", though that is no Bluetooth device. I'm currently using another cover (rigid back cover with stand), as this one is home-bound.

2)  Matter of opinion (even conviction):
Don't turn a good tablet into a mediocre notebook by using a clamshell.. Use a [cover with] stand of your choice that allows both landscape and portrait modes, and (if need be) a separate keyboard.
Otherwise you spoil the two "unique selling points" of a tablet (as I see them and have experienced them).

If you're on the road a lot, consider carrying a (cheap) folding keyboard featuring Bluetooth. I have one, but I tend to use the screen keyboard of my tablets anyway.
Regarding cases and covers: I do enjoy the cheap covers converting into 360° turnable stands that some Chinese vendors offer (and I have seen them in a store here in Amsterdam, NL), but they won't last too long (on the corners). They may be on the weak side as stands for those carrying 12.9" iPads, but they may be great for an 8".

--
Chris

reacting to:
On 5 May 2019, 22:28 +0200, Andrew Buc abuc@andrewbuc.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com>, wrote:

I've had my iPad Mini 2 and a Clamcase case/keyboard for ~4.5 years. Lately the Clamcase doesn't always stay paired with the iPad as consistently as it once did. I'll do something that requires keyboard input, and the onscreen keyboard comes up. It doesn't happen often enough to drive me crazy, and it's easy enough to pair the case with the keyboard again, but it's an annoyance. Is this just something that happens when a keyboard has a few years on it? Any other thoughts? If I do decide to get another keyboard, any recommendations? Thanks.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Chris Laarman <chrislaarman@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___