Re: [iPad] Blocking Emails

 

I wonder if blocking "on the iPad" is correct. E-mail messages will land on your account with your e-mail provider, and unless you radically download them using the POP3 protocol (but rather access them through IMAP), they'll remain there.
You could instruct that account to move messages with certain characteristics to some Spam folder to be deleted after a month (or whatever) rather than being offered in your Inbox.

My default account is with Google. I have found Gmail to be almost too protective: once I bother to check my Spam folder, I'm bound to find some innocent promotions from vendors. That's one side.
The other side is, that in the latest year two people (or two faces of the same one?) have picked me (and some more) from a website and bothered me with "cries for psychiatric help" (matter of opinion!). I have marked a message of at least the second one as Spam - and I haven't noticed any message from this one nor the other outside my Spam folder since.

I could easily accomplish this in my default e-mail client, Spark (by Readdle), but I don't immediately see such option in Mail (for iOS).

Hope this helps.  :-)

--
Chris

reacting to:
On 24 Jan 2019, 14:18 +0100, Janet Arnott janetarnott@blueyonder.co.uk [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com>, wrote:

I've been getting a lot of junk emails lately, haven't opened them, just delete them right away. Guess they're something like "Hi, I'm a sexy person bla bla".
Is there a way to block emails on the iPad? I know I can on my laptop, and thru my provider (Virgin Media), but wondered if there is an easy way to do it on iPad. It's a newish (but not the very latest) Pro btw with 1...2.1 s/w.

Thanks,

Janet.

__._,_.___

Posted by: chrislaarman@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___