[iPad] iPad - new battery

 


My iPad Air 2 will hold a charge for no more than about five hours. 
That's fine, I can live with that.  Two or three days ago, though, it
crashed into the OS twice in a row when the battery indicator was
showing something close to 25%.  After the crash, as I recall, I just
rebooted it.  Soon after the reboot, it crashed again.  I plugged it
into the wall socket.  A battery icon showed that the charge was in the
red - maybe 3%.  Once fully charged, it seemed fine, and I've not had a
crash since.

Thinking, however, that the cause of the crashes might be a problematic
battery, I decided, after seeing this Apple web page (or another one
like it)

https://support.apple.com/ipad/repair/battery-power

that spending a hundred dollars would likely be worth it if it extended
the life of an otherwise good iPad for another year or two and, in
addition, gave me once again a full nine hours of charge time.  So I
made an appointment to take it in to the local Apple store.

At the store, the first person I saw did a battery test.  He said that
the test showed that the battery looked good, even though it showed only
something like 89% capacity.  I said, fine, but I'd like to buy a new
battery, anyway.  He said that was impossible, that the battery tested
good and that the iPad was out of warranty.  He said Apple did not
replace iPad batteries.  What they did, he said, was replace the entire
iPad, and since my iPad was out of warranty, the replacement cost would
be not $99 but $350.  I told him I'd seen a web page saying that the
cost was $99.  He asked me to show him the web page.  I told him I'd not
come to the store expecting to be challenged on my information, just to
buy a battery.  He agreed to bring in someone who knew more about the
situation than he.  The second person said essentially the same thing,
that what I wanted would cost $350, not $99.  I asked if a non-Apple
repair service would replace just the battery.  He said it might, but
that Apple did not recommend that.  I carried my aging iPad home,
unhappy but resigned.

Upshot, if the information I received was correct:  If you want to
replace your iPad battery and your iPad is out of warranty, Apple will
charge you $350.

P. S.  I've since found this web page:

https://www.lifewire.com/replacing-dead-ipad-battery-1999813

--

__._,_.___

Posted by: David Smith <david.smith.14916@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___