Re: [iPad] can't find apple carplay in app store

 

Your are quite correct, CarPlay is not an app it's a protocol standard. 



- ryan 

Sent from my Apple iPad Pro 

On Jun 15, 2018, at 21:35, Christopher Collins iphone@analogdigital.com.au [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I don't believe there is any actual "CarPlay" software that you have to download and install.


My understanding is that you just connect your iPad to the "Apple CarPlay" in your vehicle and it should just work.

But I could be wrong.

Christopher

On 16 Jun 2018, at 11:15 am, joycekeay@comcast.net [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


Hi, I have a cellular mini iPad and I'm about to take delivery on a 2018 Subaru crosstrek which can use it to display apps on the car's infosystem screen.  But I can't find carplay in the app store on my iPad.  How do I find it?  My software is up to date 11.4.  Is it only available once I plug my iPad into the car's USB port?  I understand once it is connected I can use apple maps as a GPS system on the car's screen, right?  Thank you.




__._,_.___

Posted by: Ryan Waldon <ryan@iamthereforeipad.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___